Our Team’s Commitment
One of the values that the team at ZORB Rotorua holds close to our hearts is our commitment to the community of Rotorua and wider New Zealand. There are a number of activities that we undertake throughout the year to ensure we are engaged and give back …even if it’s in a small way.
ANNUAL ROTORUA LOCALS DAY
This is where we offer free of charge ZORB rides to our local community (with identification) in return for cans of food, which we then donate to the Rotorua Salvation Army in time for Christmas. This day always coincides with our birthday in December and a great way to celebrate!
2022 date TBC
Proudly supporting the Rotorua Salvation Army Christmas Appeal – exchange cans of food for ZORB rides! Due to the move to the new Covid-19 Protection Framework we’ve made a few changes to ensure that we’re adhering to the rules under a Red Traffic Light system.
Here’s what you need to bring!
• 3 cans = 1x Straight Track ride for one person
• 10 cans = 1x Straight & Sidewinder Track ride for one person
Here’s what you need to know!
LIMITED SPOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE YOU MUST PRE-BOOK A TIMESLOT TO PARTICIPATE. EITHER BOOK ONLINE OR CALL OUR FRIENDLY FRONT OFFICE TEAM ON 0800 646 768
ROTORUA LOCALS DAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Following the move to the Covid-19 Protection Framework, visitors to ZORB Rotorua aged 12 years and 3 months must show proof of vaccination via their My Vaccine Pass to gain entry to the site and enjoy our rides. It is also important you scan in with the COVID Tracer App upon arrival and wear a face covering when walking around our site or spectating. We’re committed to keeping our visitors, our staff and our community safe, while continuing to provide exceptional experiences this summer.
- All cans must be fit for human consumption – please no pet food, perishable food items, expired or mystery cans!
- Limited to two rides per person
- Open 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Each can allocation is per person
- All rides on offer are our water rides
- Photos will not be available to purchase
- Bring along swimsuit and towel
- Bookings essential, you must book a time slot to participate
- All our normal Health & Safety requirements apply see here
- Minimum age to ride is 5 years of age
- Maximum weight is 125kgs
- Bring along proof of Rotorua residency (power bill, phone bill, library card etc something with your name and address)
- Subject to availability and not available in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Our ZORB sponsored baby Kiwi, freshly hatched on 1st November 2019 at National Kiwi Hatchery Aotearoa here in Rotorua. We chose the name Pīrori because it means to roll along (just like our balls) and we just love our little baby!
Pīrori might be teeny tiny right now but in a couple of months time will be released back to the Karioi Rahui Forest which is home. We are proud to contribute to the amazing work the team at the Rainbow Springs Nature Park do in helping protect our famous Kiwi birds and thank you to all our visitors to ZORB that have donated money to this worthy cause!